All New Brunswick children are invited to participate in this free summer program.
Parents and guardians can register children who cannot read themselves, and read to them.
By participating in the Summer Reading Club, youth:
- Participate in a variety of interesting activities related to reading, discovering and creating
- Improve their reading skills and their vocabulary
- Learn about STEAM in a fun environment
- Explore their creativity in a less structured environment than school
- Improve school performance
- Develop a love of reading
- Stimulate their imagination
- Discover their local public library
You and your child can sign up for a free library card by visiting your local public library, or by applying online.
The New Brunswick Public Library Service (NBPLS) is an advocate of the American Library Association’s program Every Child Ready to Read®. It is a parent education initiative which teaches parents how to engage young people in talking, singing, reading, writing and playing to support healthy literacy development. To learn more about this program, please consult the NBPLS brochure on Every Child Ready to Read® or watch the following videos: